Ever since we released our FileMaker to Xero integration solution – fmAccounting Link (Xero Edition) – in 2014 we’ve been planning to release a version for the MYOB Accounting platform. We ended up focussing solely on the Xero version for most of 2015, adding new features as Xero expanded their API and in response to customer requests.
We’ve finally been able to focus some resources on the MYOB version and while we’re not quite ready to release it to the general public we’re very happy with the progress that we’re making and wanted to share some details with you. We’re planning on releasing the following versions:
- fmAccounting Link (MYOB AccountRight Edition) – this will be the first version released and will work with the MYOB AccountRight Live API. There are a number of versions of AccountRight available, including Standard, Plus and Premier – as long as you’re using AccountRight Live (2015.x versions or later) you will be able to use our solution to integrate FileMaker with MYOB. Development of this version is largely completed – we still need to do more testing and create the documentation and videos etc, but we’re planning for a March 2016 release.
- fmAccounting Link (MYOB Essentials Edition) – this will be the second version released and will work with the MYOB Essentials Accounting API. MYOB Essentials is MYOB’s browser based accounting solution. We don’t have a release date for this at the moment but we’re hoping we can leverage a lot of the development for the AccountRight edition and have this ready in the April/May timeframe.
The initial release will allow you to perform the most requested integration functions between FileMaker and MYOB, including:
- upload a Contact from FileMaker to MYOB
- download Contacts from MYOB to FileMaker
- upload an Invoice from FileMaker to MYOB
- upload a Payment from FileMaker to MYOB
fmAccounting Link (MYOB AccountRight Edition) will work on both Windows and Macintosh platforms and work with FileMaker Pro v12, 13 and 14. It will be completely unlocked so you can integrate it into your existing FileMaker solution in whatever way suits you or your developer best.
We’re very excited about this release as FileMaker MYOB integration has always been clunky and involved lots of exporting and importing of .tab files or working with their ODBC driver which was Windows only and had it’s own set of limitations. The new MYOB APIs allow for true integration without having to export or import any data and can run on both Windows and the Macintosh platforms – in fact you can use your Mac to upload invoices to your MYOB AccountRight file, even though there is no native Mac OS X version of MYOB AccountRight!
Unfortunately there’s no developer API for AccountEdge, the Mac version of MYOB so we can’t do the same integration as we can with AccountRight and Essentials. Hopefully MYOB will release API access to AccountEdge in the future.
Please contact us if you have any questions about fmAccounting Link (MYOB AccountRight Edition) – if you would like to be notified when we release fmAccounting Link (MYOB AccountRight Edition) please join our mailing list here.