fmSMS – Send and Receive SMS/TXT Messages from FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go, FileMaker Server and FileMaker WebDirect
fmSMS allows you to send an SMS from FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go, FileMaker Server and FileMaker WebDirect to almost any mobile phone in the world via one of the supported SMS Gateways, reaching over 800 networks in more than 200 countries. SMS is great means of direct communication with customers, staff, suppliers, and students.
SMS traffic is growing at an exponential rate – an estimated 2.3 trillion text messages were sent in 2010. One billion text messages were sent in one day alone in Beijing this month on the eve of the Spring Festival, China’s biggest festival. fmSMS allows FileMaker users to be part of this growing and important means of communication.
SMS is perfect for appointment reminders, phone messages, promotions, segmented marketing, school absence alerts, and password confirmations. With SMS you can reduce your costs and play less “telephone tag”.
fmSMS works with multiple SMS Gateway providers internationally and supports the following features*:
- Send single and bulk SMS messages (messages are typically delivered in under 15 seconds)
- Send long messages (greater than 160 characters)
- Works with over 75 SMS Gateway providers internationally
- Delayed Delivery – send a message now for delivery at a future time
- Alphanumeric Sender ID
- Message Logging – track the history of all sent messages
- Message templates – create an unlimited number of pro forma templates
- 2 Way SMS – allow recipients to reply to messages and have them appear in fmSMS