Normally at this time of the year I would be getting prepared for the upcoming
FileMaker DevCon Claris Engage conference: preparing the materials for the Databuzz booth, getting all the product demos ready and working out what movies I would watch on the 14 hour flight to the US. I was especially looking forward to this year’s conference as it was going to be held in Nashville, Tennessee and it was the first under the new conference name (FileMaker DevCon 2019 was the last conference with the FileMaker branding).
Claris also announced a European version of Claris Engage would take place in Lisbon, Portugal at the end of October 2020. Suddenly there were two conferences to get excited about in two cities I had never visited!
As we all know the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in the cancellation of conferences all around the world, with many of them moving to online/virtual conferences. Claris announced in April that they were taking Claris Engage US virtual this year, and then in June had some even better news: the event would be free to attend (virtually).
Claris Engage is now only two weeks away and registration is now open. If you’re planning to attend I would encourage you to register today – some sessions have limited space, but there is no registration fee. You can look forward to sessions from business leaders, industry experts, technologists, and Claris staff.
Some further conference details including sessions you might be interested in:
- Dates: August 4 – 5, 2020 from 9:00am – 4:00pm Pacific time.
- Opening Keynote: Delivering the Promise of Digital Transformation – Claris CEO Brad Freitag and his leadership team share their vision for a more-productive future powered by faster, easier digital transformation.
- Panel: Business Built on Claris – CxO Perspectives – Hear from business leaders who run successful enterprises on the Claris Platform
- Panel: Looking Ahead to Emerging Technology – IoT, CoreML and the impact of AI on the future of your business.
- Panel: Cloud-Smart Security – Security experts navigate the new normal of modern security threats.
- Learn how Claris can help you build modern apps faster using shareable add-ons.
- And for months after the event, explore #ClarisEngage2020 on-demand sessions in Claris Academy – event recordings plus a broader library of technical and business sessions presented by community experts. Sessions will be posted on a rolling schedule following the live event so you can enjoy them at your own pace.
This will be the first year for a long time that I haven’t flown half way around the world in the middle of the northern summer to setup the Databuzz booth and catch up with friends and customers at Claris Engage. I’m looking forward to attending the keynotes and other sessions now that I don’t have to be at the Databuzz exhibitor booth the whole conference (though might end up watching the replay as they start at 2am in my timezone) and catching up virtually with everyone.