Last week WooCommerce released WooCommerce v3.5 which included a new version of the REST API – v3. As with previous releases of the REST API this new version includes a number of new endpoints as well as updates to some existing endpoints. Here’s a summary of the new features in the REST API v3:
- A reviews endpoint to list, get, create, and update product reviews.
- Date fields are now editable on the products endpoint, and the endpoint has been updated to work with the “on backorder” stock status.
- A series of new reports endpoints to get total counts of orders, products, customers, coupons and reviews.
- New orderby options for the products endpoint to allow listing products by price, popularity, or rating.
- Automatic total calculations when applying/removing coupons in the orders endpoint.
- New data endpoints to fetch Continents, Countries and Currencies.
- Refund line items through the API.
- Ability to batch update settings
To use the new v3 API you will need to be running WooCommerce v3.5 or later – we plan to start adding support for some of the new endpoints and updates in a future release of fmEcommerce Link (WooCommerce Edition). It’s important to note that v1 and v2 of the REST API still work and are still included in WooCommerce 3.5 so updating won’t break any integration that uses the fmEcommerce Link (WooCommerce Edition) solution. Let us know what features from the v3 API you would like to see included first by contacting us or leave a comment below.
We’ll be taking our time with the next update to give you more time to update your site to WooCommerce 3.5. You should always follow the WooCommerce guidelines for updating your version of WooCommerce, including making backups and testing the new version for compatibility with your other plugins etc in a test environment.
We’re already working on some updates for our next release around uploading Orders from FileMaker to WooCommerce and uploading locally stored images that won’t require WooCommerce 3.5
You can get all the details for the new v3 API at the API documentation page.