Just over four months ago we released fmEcommerce Link (WooCommerce Edition), a FileMaker solution for integrating with WooCommerce. WooCommerce is a popular plugin for WordPress that powers over 39% of all online stores, including both the Databuzz Shop and the fmSMS Shop (you can read about how we came to develop fmEcommerce Link out of necessity here).
There are a number of other popular ecommerce platforms apart from WooCommerce, and we’ve had a number of requests to create a version of fmEcommerce Link for some of the more popular alternatives. Most of the requests were for a solution that integrates with Shopify, a leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses that is also popular with FileMaker users. Shopify currently powers over 400,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Tesla, Red Bull, Nestle, GE, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
Shopify also has an established API that was suitable for integration with FileMaker, so it made sense for the next edition of fmEcommerce Link to work with Shopify. We’re in the final stages of development and testing but wanted to share some details of our latest product: fmEcommerce Link (Shopify Edition). You can subscribe to our newsletter to be notified when it’s released.
The initial release of fmEcommerce Link (Shopify Edition) will have the following features:
- download Customers, Products, Orders, Shipping Countries, Locations and Discounts from Shopify
- update existing Customer, Product and Order records from Shopify to FileMaker
- download Orders between 2 dates
- create/update a Customer record from FileMaker to Shopify
- create/update a Product record from FileMaker to Shopify
Like our other products it will also have these features:
- will work with FileMaker Pro v12, 13, 14, 15 and 16
- can be hosted by FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server
- works with Macintosh and Windows
- 100% unlocked for you to integrate into your own FileMaker solution
Here’s some more screenshots showing Customers and Orders downloaded from Shopify and the details for an individual Order:
We’ve put together a short preview video showing fmEcommerce Link (Shopify Edition) in action downloading Customers and Orders from Shopify to FileMaker. You can watch this below or via this link on YouTube: